10 Reasons Why EDRMS Installations FailPosted on November 15, 2016 in Consulting Services
Concerns from organisations who are using a particular EDRM system for over 5 years and only have 20 – 30% of users using the system.
What causes that, they ask?
Below is a list of the top 10 reasons:
- It is seen as just another off the shelf software – install and use
- Lack of communication to all staff – on benefits and use of system
- Training courses are not made compulsory
- Lack of or limited training in all aspects of the system
- Users don’t understand the business classification scheme
- Records staff don’t fully understand the benefits of a functional based classification scheme
- Lack of proper business rules when naming documents, folders, or boxes
- Inability to retrieve a document or folder in 3 mouse clicks or less
- Records staff not promoting the benefits of increased productivity and reduced costs
- Reluctance of users to give up their local drives, even though they spend ages looking for documents.
If you need help in addressing these issues, please feel free to contact:
Chris Fripp via e-mail email@example.com